Accounting Firms – South Dakota
Accounting firms in South Dakota offer an array of services, including personal and business tax assistance, audits, budgeting, estate planning and more. Here are some of the South Dakota cities in our directory:
Cities include Sioux Falls CPA firms.
South Dakota’s small businesses are key to the state’s well-being. They account for a significant share of the state’s economic production and hiring. This profile from the Office of Advocacy uses the latest available data to illustrate the status and contributions of South Dakota small businesses. (Note that a small business is defined as one with fewer than 500 employees.)
• Small businesses totaled 78,151 in the state in 2008. Of these, 21,057 were employers, and they accounted for 61.9% of private-sector jobs in the state. Small firms made up 96.6% of the state’s employers.
• South Dakota’s real gross state product increased by 3.5% and private-sector employment decreased by 2.8% in 2009. By comparison, real GDP in the United States grew 0.7% and private-sector employment declined by 5.5%.
• Business ownership is becoming more inclusive in the state. The number of both women and minority business owners has grown. In particular, minority-owned businesses numbered 2,884 in 2007, a 39.5% increase over 2002.
• The state’s small business employment has undergone major shifts in recent years.
• Thestate’sbusinessesshowedsignsof stability and improvement in the fourth quarter of 2009 compared to the first quarter.
Source: U.S. Small Business Administration, Office of Advocacy